All About Me

I have lots to say and many people have asked - who is behind China's Secret Teas? So this seems like a good way of marrying the two. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sunrise or Sunset, Pen or Pencil?

Remember my favourite getting-to-know-you question? (See first blog entry if you don't)

Well, I have a whole slew of getting-to-know-you-better questions.

For instance, if I have not seen you for awhile, I will ask:
''what have been your 3 most memorable events of the past year?'' or ''what are the three things you want achieve in the new year?'' (usually at Christmas/New Year parties)

Now, this tends to drive my immediate family crazy...they don't seem to introspect as much as I would like them to? ;-)

I remember when my mom, sis and I reunited in Boston for my sister's graduation about 3 years ago. Bearing in mind that outside of photos, I have not seen them for about 2 years at this stage. So whilst on the metro to visit Harvard Square, I enthusiastically asked them all my 'catch-up' questions only to be faced with sighs, rolled eyes and monosyllybic replies.

Not to worry, the story has a happy ending. When we arrived and were browsing the bookshops in Harvard Square (frequented no doubt by the great minds from Harvard University), I came across a rather slim, chic looking hardcover book entitled 'All About Me'.

Guess what? This book contained all my favourite getting-to-know-you questions and much much MORE! I was ecstatic and felt completely vindicated - I'm normal! Needless to say, the book had to be purchased.

One of the sections contain questions such as:

Sunrise or sunset (much as I like watching a sunrise, I must go with sunset - I'm more likely to be awake and simply love those glorious orangey/purplely sunsets!)

Pen or pencil (pencil - if I make a mistake, I can erase it but with a pen...)

My favourite - would you rather be blind or deaf?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home