All About Me

I have lots to say and many people have asked - who is behind China's Secret Teas? So this seems like a good way of marrying the two. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 05, 2006

What is the world coming to?

What is the world coming to when even Shaolin and other Buddhist monks have MBAs and access the Internet? Doesn't appear to leave them much time to meditate....
One of the monks says that ''they can meditate at lunchtime if they choose''.

Isn't that against the whole ethos of seclusion and other-worldliness? Maybe it is just me but I simply don't get it...

The monks apparently need these skills to help them run a hotel, restaurant and a tea business.

The monks develop computer programs so that you can send virtual offerings to virtual Buddhas.

They outsource all the cleaning now to freeup their time for other work...I'm thinking they should be outsourcing all these other operations in order to focus on humility, etc. that we associate with monks and Buddhism.

Perhaps I am just uncomfortable with the intrusion of capitalism into this arena of spirituality?

I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home