All About Me

I have lots to say and many people have asked - who is behind China's Secret Teas? So this seems like a good way of marrying the two. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sleep deprivation is not a good thing

I have done almost everything else to keep cool and am severely sleep deprived. During the day, it is almost too hot to work. I start feeling comfortable enough to work from 8/9pm at night, of course this means that I don't get to sleep till about 1 or 2 am when it is cool enough for me to fall asleep.

To compound matters - my sensitivity to light means that I am often up at the break of dawn. Since in Summer, it becomes light as early as 4.30am, this means that I have not had a good solid 8-10 hours sleep since this heatwave began. Naps during the day don't work as it is simply too hot! I have seriously contemplated the mechanics of how to not drown whilst sleeping in my bath tub filled with cool water. For those contemplating the same thing - if you have worked it out, do let me know....there could be a prize in there for you. Bearing in mind I am 5 ft 2 so won't be able to use my legs as leverage.

I do the usual, close all the windows, draw the shades, put ice in my drinks - all in a futile attempt to keep the heat out.

But desperate times call for desperate measures - it is time to add to the strain on the National Grid. No, not an air-conditioning unit - refuse to give in & buy one that will only be used a few weeks a year (if we are lucky!).

What desperate measures will she undertake to keep some semblance of sanity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home