All About Me

I have lots to say and many people have asked - who is behind China's Secret Teas? So this seems like a good way of marrying the two. Enjoy!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Buck Rogers

Do you miss the good ole days of television where it was entertaining but on a very simplistic level?

No guessing who the bad guys were (slicked back hair, mustached look, furtive looks, etc.), or when there is a fight scene coming up (the cheesy music comes on) or who the good guys are (handsome, well-liked with women dripping off their arms).

We have been having our evening meals in the company of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. I could not believe it when a fortnight ago, I came across it on the Bravo channel. Quick aside: who else admits to watching Bravo and Hallmark channels?

I LOVED the show as a kid. I must have been about 5 years old - yes, started that young but had it beaten out of me till I could rebel as an adult (hence all this tv watching but I've already written about that!). Correction, I actually started at 16 months. S'truth - my very first memory was of lying in my sarong cradle (where the baby is wrapped up in a sarong and it is hung from the ceilin). Hmmml....for those who haven't grown up in Asia, this must sound very strange indeed. I must see if I can dig up a photo of me peeking out of the cradle to watch tv.

Still remember it being a Cantonese tv serial...what was your first memory?

OK, back to Buck Rogers and the simpler days of TV watching. There was a NYTimes article about how TV watching these days actually makes you think (coz of all the plot twists, character developments, etc.) and one can actually exercise one's brain that way.

I must say that it is very refreshing to actually not have to think but just let it flow. Of course, DH says that nature, gardening or DIY programs work the same way for him.

Ah dun't tink so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home