All About Me

I have lots to say and many people have asked - who is behind China's Secret Teas? So this seems like a good way of marrying the two. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Far flung friends

I got up today really inspired to write to my close friends who are scattered the world over, mostly in Australia & Angie in Canada ;-)

Much as they are in my thoughts and heart, I don't think I write often enough for them to know this. With the time difference, it makes calling/skype-ing rather difficult to co-ordinate.
Writing a handwritten note always appeals to me but the lack of immediacy rather negates that feeling.
Sometimes they don't write coz they think there is nothing to report about their daily lives so I'm left wondering - just what are they doing and how they are faring.

Ironically, I keep in closer/better touch with such far-flung friends than those in London! We keep meaning to meet but hectic, disparate lives kinda take over. Keeping in touch by email seems silly when so close. Texting I have found seems to be the best medium of communicae, at least I hear back from them as opposed to emails ;-)

Although it does hearten me when we meet up to hear that they have been following my exploits (via the emails) with attention and glee. Just hadn't replied!

Another friend says that now that I'm blogging, things will become even more impersonal - I sure hope not!

Do you have the same experiences?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home